Nutrition & Diet Consultation
Our Nursing Carers Help You With Following Conditions
We Provide at Home Nursing Services In
We are Socialized
Nutrition is the science or practice of consuming food in relation to a body’s dietary needs, while diet essentially means habitually taken food and drink. The word diet is also used to describe the act of restricting oneself to small amount of food or special kind of food either for some medical reason or to lose weight. Good nutrition is essential for a person’s physical and mental well being, and to achieve good nutrition it is important to have a balanced diet. But getting a balanced diet is more difficult than it seems, owing to lack of awareness of what is balanced diet and the preference for junk food over healthy diet. However, this unhealthy diet takes a toll on our body and leads to many lifestyle related diseases like high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes and obesity to name a few. To get a better understanding of healthy diet and good nutrition it is necessary to get a nutrition consultation and diet consultation to embark upon a healthy lifestyle. One can avail the services of a nutritionist in a hospital or select one of the many online nutritionists. Portea offers the services of well trained and established nutritionists and has in fact introduced a comprehensive health management plan ‘Portea Activ’ that is designed to better assist you in leading a healthy life.
WHAT IS PORTEA ACTIV?All of us desire to lead an active, healthy and happy life without any health issue. And the key ingredient to such a life is a balanced diet and a bit of exercise. To help you in leading a full life, Portea has designed a comprehensive health management plan called ‘PORTEA ACTIV’ to make everyday living a healthy and joyful experience. When it comes to health, most of us don’t even realize that we need to pay attention to our behavior patterns and eating habits, till we find ourselves trapped in a lifestyle related disease. The Portea Activ program with its 3 core offerings is designed to precisely bridge that gap between “What you are doing currently and what should you be doing”. It helps us in making subtle changes to our food and lifestyle which slowly but surely puts us in the right track to a healthy lifestyle without having to feel its burden.
Personalised Health Assessment:
Personalised Nutrition Coaching:
Constant monitoring and Support:
Portea Activ follows a comprehensive, yet simple and reliable health management approach. During the course of the program, you will never feel that you are dieting and hence feel deprived. Activ helps you to develop a healthy relationship with food. Infact, you will receive simple suggestions and tips customized to suit your body type. In individuals with medical conditions, eg, obesity, thyroid, diabetes, high cholesterol etc, the nutrition plans are customized accordingly. We have specialized nutrition programs for each of the categories listed below:
- Family Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Women Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Clinical Nutrition
- Geriatric Nutrition
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Adolescent Nutrition
HOW CAN PORTEA ACTIV HELP YOU?
- If you are looking for a complete health plan for you and your family, you can choose Activ’s Family Nutrition Plan. Listed below are the key attractions of our family nutrition program:
- Our family nutrition plan is Health assessment for all the members on call.
- Setting health goals for each member of the family based on the health assessment.
- One common Meal plan for all members, snack plans as per member preference. Eg- Kids, office goers, home makers, elders will have different snack plan.
- Appropriate portion size is mentioned on the meal plan for each family member.
- Grocery shopping recommendations and recipe sharing along with the plan
- Two follow up tele – consultations once in 15 days.
- One member of the family will be nominated as Health Expert and the nutritionist will guide him/her on chat for proper tracking and monitoring.
IMPORTANCE OF A GOOD NUTRITION AND BALANCED DIET:Good nutrition is an essential factor in leading a healthy lifestyle. Good nutrition is achieved by means of a balanced diet and some physical activity. Lack of a balanced diet makes a person prone to diseases, infection and fatigue, while children with poor diet show growth and developmental problems. Hence, it is strongly advised to avail the services of online nutritionist consultation for proper guidance to a healthy lifestyle. Moreover the process is very simple, just get hooked to our healthy life program ‘Portea Activ’.
WHY DO WE NEED DIET AND NUTRITION CONSULTATION?Often we find ourselves questioning the need of a dietician or nutritionist, since a lot of online diet advice is readily available. But we don’t understand is that the online information is generalised and every one of us have different nutrition needs more so if you are an athlete or someone who engages in lot of physical activity. A healthy diet plan varies from person to person and is also depended upon your sex, your environment and your age and hence it is advisable to seek a dietician to help you chalk out a healthy diet plan. There are several online dietician services you can connect with to get nutrition coaching. Or you can also connect with online nutritionist for nutrition consultation. The benefit of online diet consultation is that you can take advantage of online dietician services from the comfort of your home.
TIPS FOR A DIET AND NUTRITION CONSULTATION SESSIONThere are a few tips that help you make the most out of a diet and nutrition consultation. Like;
- The first and foremost thing, you need to do is be honest, don’t lie about your food and lifestyle habits. There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about; the dietician and nutritionists are there, only to guide you towards a better and healthy lifestyle.
- Establish your goal, i.e. tell your dietician what exactly you are trying to establish like if you are there to seek help in losing weight then tell them so. This will enable the dietician to better help you and help you lose weight in a safe manner.
- Inform them of any health conditions you have before you embark on a healthy diet plan.
- Do let them know about any special dietary needs that you have, as they will accordingly devise a diet plan to suit you.
- Also be clear about any allergies or specific information you need to share.
- You can also consult your dietician if you need any specific change in your diet plan.
Frequently ask Questions :