Our Nursing Carers Help You With Following Conditions
We Provide at Home Nursing Services In
We are Socialized
Home nursing services encompasses a wide range of healthcare services that can be easily administered at your home. Home care nursing services are usually cheaper than hospitals and nursing homes, while being just as effective as the medical care offered in a hospital or nursing home.
An in-home nursing service offers personalized nursing care at home as offered in a typical hospital while being more compassionate towards the patient and gets integrated into the patient’s family and develops an emotional bond with the patient and their family.
The services offered by home care nursing are provided by registered nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists among others. And as such you need not worry on the quality of service offered by the home nurse.
In the past, the phrases In-Home Care, Home Care and Home Health Care were used interchangeably. Today however, people have developed a better understanding towards Home Health Care or In-Home nursing service which is basically skilled nursing care whereas the term In-Home Care refers to non-medical care services like personal care and companionship and supervision.
The main goal of home nursing service is to treat an illness or injury. The home nursing services usually entails wound care for pressure sores or surgical wound, patient and care – giver education, Intravenous or nutrition therapy, injections, rehabilitation therapies and monitoring serious illness and unstable health status.
Call it the bane of modern lifestyle but knee pain, back pain, neck strain have become a part and parcel of life. When a certain type of pain does not subdue over a period of time and you experience it after doing a particular movement, then it is better advised to see a physiotherapist. You can also take benefit of our home physiotherapy service for a convenient treatment. Physiotherapy has a wide range of specialties and people can take physiotherapy for any of the following medical issues: Neurological issues, Neuromusculoskeletal, Cardiovascular and Respiratory.
Our in-home nurses excel in providing services such as
The benefit of home health care is plenty. Besides being convenient than getting admitted in a hospital or nursing home, the nursing care at home also helps a patient recover sooner, as it has been found that people tend to recover sooner from their illness or ailments when surrounded by their loved ones.
- It also supports diet and nutrition. Home health care nurses can be there to support the patient in your absence.
- It brings skilled nursing care in the comfort of your home.
- Nursing care at home also helps in managing chronic health conditions to avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- Home care nursing services also help in providing recovery care at home following a hospital stay for illness or injury.
- It offers one – on – one focus and support.
- Clients have better health outcomes.
- It offers medication management.
Home care nursing starts only after the recommendation of a doctor, and it is important for the patient to see a home nurse as often as a doctor. The nursing services as mentioned before are provided by registered nurses who help in ongoing medical support and rehabilitative care.
The basic medical attention one can expect from a nursing assistant are as follows:
- Home care nurses on their part check upon the diet of the patient, take readings of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and breathing
- Regularly check whether the patient is properly following the prescription and any other treatments
- Enquire about your health and any sort of pain experienced
- Check on the safety of the patient at home, whether any medical device is needed for the care of the patient and its feasibility at home
- Educate the patient about self-care
- And most importantly regularly co – ordinate with the doctor to provide a proper course of health care.
The home nursing services are now much in demand owing to rising hospitalization charges, availability of quality health care services and the demand of the elderly who prefer familiar surroundings to sterile hospitals and nursing homes. The cost of home care nursing services varies depending on the criticality of the illness and the duration of the service sought. Nevertheless the cost of the home care nursing services has been found to be anywhere between 20% and 50% cheaper as compared to hospitalization. Looking at the growth of the home healthcare services, several insurance agencies have brought forth varied policies and coverage options that cater to various needs and specifications. The benefit period ranges from three to five years and is related to maximum daily benefit over the number of years in the benefit period. However, insurance covers only part of the total claims for specific products and services and the amount for home healthcare is capped. The cost of home health care insurance also depends on several factors like your residential area and the type of care you need. Contact your general insurance provider and enquire about their home health care policy and the premium they can work out for you.
Proper prior preparation for home healthcare is ideal to make the most of the at home nursing service. There are a few set of things that need to be done before you avail of the nursing services like;
- Create a personal emergency contact list
- Have your prescription and other reports ready
- Contact list of your doctor
- Make a list of the tasks expected from the nurse
- Explain to the nurse any specific instruction you would like the nurse to know.
With the availability of nursing services at home, you no longer need to stress yourself about visiting a clinic or hospital and aggravate the injury. Just Google nursing services near me and make an appointment with qualified and experienced in-home nurses on Portea. You will get the best-trained nurses to help you in getting your normal life back as soon as possible.
Frequently ask Questions :
A1: Home Medical’s trained nurse can assist you with post-surgical care, Tracheostomy, Urine catheterization, Suture removal, Wound care, Injections, Oxygen administration, IV infusion and more.
A2: The frequency of nursing visits varies depending on the patient’s needs and treatment plan.
A3: Yes, We offer 12 HRS and 24 HRS Nursing service at home for patients in need.
A4: All Home Medical nurses are professionally trained and certified. Also, most of our nurses have ICU experience.